Most large organizations in the world are dependent on the MS SQL Server to manage numerous essential tasks. However, due to abrupt shutdown, virus attacks, improper internet connections, and other issues, the SQL Server database will be corrupted. During the corruption, users won’t be able to access their data items.
MDF file stands for Primary Database file that contains triggers, tables, and other data items. In such cases, corruption in the MDF will undoubtedly affect the users. Before you know the process to recover data items from the corrupted MDF files, consider understanding the reasons so that you can know whether the MDF data files are corrupted or not. Make sure you read this article to the end to gather the necessary pieces of information. Without further introduction, let’s get started.
Primary Causes of MDF SQL File Corruption
As mentioned earlier, the users will face different problematic situations when the MDF SQL files are corrupted. But if you know the causes of corruption, you might be able to tackle the situation before it becomes worse. Here are the primary causes of MDF SQL file corruption you need to know:
- When the size of the MDF files exceeds the storage limit, it will likely cause corruption.
- When the header file is damaged, the MDF files will also suffer from damage or corruption.
- Hard disk failure, malware attacks, and improper shutdown of the system are the three most common causes of MDF file corruption. If you don’t take the necessary steps to repair the corrupted files, you might lose essential data items. If you think MDF files are corrupted, use the mdf recovery toolas soon as possible.
- Sometimes network failure can occur while you’re using the SQL Server database.
Now that you know the common causes of MDF file corruption, it’s time to discuss helpful solutions. You will find various in-built tools in the SQL server that will prove effective at repairing corrupted MDF SQL databases. Make sure you follow these steps accurately.
Use DBCC CHECKDB to Repair the Corrupted MDF Files
As per the Coding Sight, the DBCC CHECKDB might prove helpful in repairing the corrupted MDF files. But first, make sure you remember this query: DBCC CHECKDB (Name_of _corrupt_database). This is the only query that will help you run the corrupted MDF files.
After that, you need to check the index ID. If the Index ID>1, drop and recreate it. If the Index ID = 0 or 1, consider running the DBCC CHECKDB query again with different repair options.
What Do You Need to Do If the Manual Method Fails to Work?
If you want to recover essential data items from the damaged MDF files of the SQL Server database, keep in mind that a manual solution might prove risky. You might even fail to recover the MDF files successfully.
Additionally, the manual methods also come with some drawbacks such as the limitation of repairing multiple MDF files at once. The process is not only super time-consuming, but you also need to have super technical knowledge. The high chance of data loss makes the process even more daunting.
If you don’t want to face such complicated situations, it’s best if you use the DataNumen MDF Recovery tool. This is an easy and reliable solution to address corrupted MDF data files without any prior knowledge. Your data files will be safe and the process is super helpful even for non-technical users.
The MDF recovery tool will address the corrupted MDF data files as well as other data items such as triggers, tables, rules, and functions. It doesn’t matter which MS SQL version you’re using, the tool will never prove ineffective. The tool will fix the corrupted MDF data files and recover the data from the SQL Server Database. Additionally, you can recover the deleted SQL objects too.
How to Use Recovery Tool to Gather Data Items from Corrupted MDF Files?
If you’re unaware of the process of using the Recovery tool, we got our back. Here are the steps you need to remember:
- Download the tool from the internet and install it on your system
- Click on the option Open and choose the MDF Recovery software
- Choose the Scan options. After that, choose the MDF SQL Server version
- When the scanning process is completed, the software will showcase different object rules, triggers, tables, etc.
- After that, choose the Export option to the SQL Server Database so that you can fill in the SQL Server credentials.
- Choose the Destination Database option. Make sure you pay close attention to the Create New Database option as it will help you go to the Existing Database.
- Choose the Export option to start the process.
What are the Features of the DataNumen MDF Database Recovery Tool?
One of the best benefits of the DataNumen MDF recovery tool is that the interface is super simple for both technical and non-technical users. Recovering data items from the SQL Server is also easy.
These are the processes you need to remember to recover the important data items from the corrupted MDF files. Do you have any other questions? Feel free to let us know in the comment section.