Are you confused about how to display attractive and engaging Instagram feeds on your website to increase your dwell time and engage the visitors? Don’t worry. In this article, we will share all the ways you can add creative Instagram content to your website. There are three main methods in which you can embed Instagram Feeds to your website:
- By using a social media aggregator tool
- By using a plugin
- By using Instagram official embedding option
We will discuss all of these methods step-by-step, so you can understand and follow them for adding Instagram feeds to your website.
Let’s get started.
Before starting the steps, it is important to know the meaning of a social media aggregator tool. In simple terms, it fetches feeds from your selected social media platform and presents them on a social wall. You can then embed this wall on your website.
Now let’s understand how you can use a social media aggregator to collect Instagram feeds and add them to your website.
Select a social media aggregator and create an account if you don’t have one.
Sign in to your account.
Select the ‘Add social media feed’ option. Then out of the social media platforms, select Instagram as the source.
You will then see multiple options to collect feeds from Instagram, like a hashtag, account handle, stories, account mentions, IGTV videos, etc. Select how you want to collect Instagram feeds and enter the details (hashtag, account name, etc.) After selecting your option, click on create the feed.
The tool will ask you to sign in to your account. Follow the instructions to start the process to fetch the Instagram feeds.
The tool will fetch your Instagram feed, and you will see it on the tool.
Before adding them to the website, you can change the themes and background, play around with the font, etc.
If you think that any posts in the Instagram feed are not useful and you want to remove them, then you can use the moderation panel of the social media aggregator tool.
Once done, click the Publish button. Then select the option – Embed on Webpage.
You will see a list of website-building platforms from which you have to select the one where you want to embed Instagram feeds.
Then the tool will generate a custom embed code for you. You can change the size of the website widget as per your requirements.
Now copy the code and open your website editor. Go to the page where you want to embed the Instagram feeds and paste the code.
Save the changes, and the Instagram feed will be added to your website.
Similar to social media aggregator tools, you can use website plugins. For example, you have a WordPress website where you want to embed the plugin. You can use a WordPress plugin and follow these steps to embed the Instagram feeds:
- Log in to your WordPress account and add the plugin. You can get a plugin to add social media feeds to your website.
- Connect your Instagram account with the plugin and create a widget. Select how you want to fetch the Instagram feeds using the plugin.
- Customize the settings to edit the Instagram feed of the widget. You can change its presentation and control which posts you want to show on your website. Save the changes once done and copy the embed code.
- Now come back to the webpage where you want to add the Instagram feed. Click on the “+” button and paste the embed code.
- Update the changes, and your Instagram feed will appear on the webpage.
If you don’t want to use any tools, you can use the official Instagram embed feature. Here are the steps to use it:
- Open your Instagram in a browser window.
- Open the Instagram posts you want to embed on your website.
- At the top corner of the post, click on the 3 dots. Select the Embed option.
- Copy the embed code of the post.
- Open your website builder and paste the code.
- Save the changes to embed the Instagram post.
- Repeat the above steps for all the Instagram posts you want to add to your website.
Out of all the three methods discussed above, you can use any of them. Although, the first and second methods are much better and easier than the third one because you have to repeat the process multiple times. To remove or add any posts later, you will have to do it manually. But if you are using a social media aggregator or a plugin, you can automate the process. So choose the best method that is convenient for you.