Bowel infections can be brought on by bacteria, such as salmonella, viruses like the rotavirus, and parasites (e.g. giardia). If your symptoms are severe, you have a fever, you pass blood or mucus in your poop, you show signs of dehydration, or your diarrhea has lasted longer than two or three days, you should visit a doctor.
Here we are going to provide the best home remedies for stomach infections.
These are some of the typical signs of a stomach infection:
- Watery or non-watery diarrhea
- Stomach aches and cramps
- Nausea or vomiting, or sometimes both
- Sharp headaches
- Muscle aches
- Low-grade fever
The following can be the possible reasons for stomach infections.
- When you consume contaminated food or water, you run the highest risk of developing viral gastroenteritis.
- Sharing towels, food, or utensils with someone who has gastroenteritis or one of the viruses that cause it, increases your risk of developing the condition.
- There are also many viruses that can cause gastroenteritis, such as noroviruses.
If you are experiencing a stomach infection then the following are the home remedies that you can follow to fight against this.
The majority of the time when you have a stomach infection, you lose a lot of water through loose motions or vomiting. And to top it all off, you eat a lot less than usual, which can result in dehydration.
Drinking liquid continuously, in small amounts, at regular intervals is necessary to prevent that. Drink lots of liquids, such as caffeine-free sports drinks, fresh fruit juices, clear broths, and clear soda.
If your symptoms of a stomach infection worsen then you should immediately contact a top gastroenterologist right now.
Peppermint tea is an excellent choice for the treatment of an intestinal infection because it reduces inflammation and calms any irritation on the intestinal wall.
Additional benefits of this tea include its ability to absorb extra intestinal gas and its antispasmodic effects, both of which significantly lessen abdominal pain.
Numerous intestinal infections can result in nausea or vomiting, and peppermint tea is also known to relieve stomach discomfort.
- 1 cup of boiled water
- 6 fresh peppermint leaves
- In the cup of boiling water, add the leaves and then close it.
- For five to ten minutes, let the leaves soak.
- Finally, pass a mesh sieve over the infusion to strain it.
- Throughout the day, you can sip on this several times.
Strong therapeutic properties found in ginger root make it useful for treating intestinal parasitic or bacterial infections. It functions as an antiviral and antibacterial agent that can aid the body in getting rid of outside invaders and warding off infection.
Additionally, it can reduce any intestinal lining inflammation and control intestinal blood flow. This can lessen discomfort and abdominal bloating.
- 1 ginger root
- 1 glass of mineral or filtered water
- Put 2 cm of the peeled and crushed ginger root, a few drops of honey, and some water in a blender.
- Blend ingredients in a blender until they are thoroughly combined and have reached the desired consistency.
- Then pass a mesh sieve over the mixture to strain it.
- Drink this at least three times daily.
Lemon juice is a fantastic natural remedy to detox any intestine impurities and get rid of parasites, fungi, viruses, or bacteria that are causing a stomach infection.
Additionally, the regular intestinal flow that lemon juice stimulates can help with symptoms like diarrhea, cramps, nausea, and abdominal pain.
- Half a lemon
- 1 glass of warm water
- Drink a glass of warm water with half a lemon juice in it once daily as first thing in the morning before breakfast.
Among the extremely effective natural treatments for stomach infections is acupressure. The two points are Pericardium 6 (PC6) and Spleen 4 (SP4). These two points are often used together as a point combination specifically for an upset stomach.
You can use this for mild digestive discomfort like feeling bloated or nauseous, or hiccups. If you know which points to press, this can work wonders.
Visit a specialist if possible because it is best to avoid pressing issues without proper knowledge.
- Calculate the distance of three finger widths from the palm’s base.
- After that, massage for a few minutes by pressing with your thumb on the soft area between two tendons. This will quickly produce results.
Its medicinal benefits treat gas, bloating, nausea, cramping in the stomach, and diarrhea. This can get you up and running quickly if taken twice daily.
Read More: Hip dips before and after
Take into account the following advice to hasten your recovery from an intestinal infection:
- Stay at home and rest
- Drink lots of fluids (such as water, coconut water, and natural fruit juices)
- Avoid going to work or school
- Consume light meals of fruits, boiled vegetables, and lean meat
- Stay away from greasy foods
- Stay away from alcohol and carbonated beverages
- Refrain from taking any medication to stop the diarrhea
Any type of disease can always be cured with the right amount of rest, wholesome food, and timely medication. Your need for going to a hospital for intravenous antibiotic treatment may depend on the microorganism causing the infection and the severity of your symptoms.
If the intestinal infection does not go away within 2 days, you should consult a gastroenterologist in Peshawar immediately.